Thursday 27 December 2012

Rocking Cape Town: Day five...

Day five commenced uneventfully. The morning consisted of general grocery shopping for my Dads get together with old friends. My sister and I were then sent out on a mission to buy 2 candles for the evening, needless to say, the mission took longer than we thought, not because we couldn’t find a place that sold them, but because we had such a great time walking Bree street, peeking into the pop up shops and messing about with the camera.
 
 
Following this, the preparation of the food for the night and lastly, slipping into this gorgeous red polka dot dress! It made me feel like I was in a retro vintage movie. On a last minute note, after entertaining all the ou toppies, I went out for a drink with some friends at Alexander Bar (click for link) in Strand Street. A vibey bar with “old world charm” as quoted on their website. We then moved on to The Bombay Bicycle Club (click for link) in Kloof Street. I can’t quite say I’ve ever been to such a place. The Christmas décor is over the top but the good kind of over the top. Its super eclectic with a mish mash of different characters who both work and eat there. They apparently serve a chilli chocolate steak on Thursday nights, I’m still deciding whether this is something I’d be into….

No comments:

Post a Comment