Wednesday 8 May 2013

Lets throw powder in each others faces...




I'd been keeping this post for when all the hype about the Joburg Holi One festival subsided, and what better day than a month after the actual event. It was actually quite a funny story surrounding the event, and my lack of having an actual ticket. I wasn't too phased really, I mean a part of me wanted to go, but I really wasn't prepared to fork out 1000 ZAR for a resale ticket on Gumtree. How ridiculous is that. It seems people have a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out) and are willing to pay anything to have a good time. That's not how I do things around here let me tell you that. The Saturday of the event arrived and I still had no ticket, but that didn't phase me in the slightest.

Long story short, I went with friends (managed to score myself a super cheap ticket from a friend at the event) and really had a semi  to reasonable good time. I wont lie, it looked a lot more fun than it actually was. By 5 PM my dust allergies had gotten the best of me, and I had powder in every conceivable crevice of my body. Good luck was the only artist I knew who performed at the festival, and frankly the only one I enjoyed (even though they performed last).

My car took quite a beating of the after effects with 5 dusty and dirty girls crammed in my little hatch back on the drive home. I can still see remnant of colourful powder lurking in a few cracks and corners. A reminder to possibly skip the next one...




















No comments:

Post a Comment