Today's 'Foodie blog' features food blogger Anna-mavritta's Lemon and poppy seed cake. I had to make the decision to avoid putting her blogs header image in, as its not the most designed (and uses a font that I really dislike). Despite her logo design efforts, her lemon and poppy seed cake looks simply scrumptious! Not to mention the generous layer of thick frosting on top. Count me in!
What I like about a Lemon and poppy seed combination is its fresh and zesty taste, alongside the cream frosting which is so simple and unobtrusive! What I like most about the cake is the fact that its not trying to be something its not, Its got frosting, its got fresh berries, it's got lemon and poppy seed. What more could you want than it jumping into your tummy!
Lemon&Poppy seed Cake
100 g butter, at room temperature
100 g sugar
150 g almond flour
30 g poppy seed
1 tsp vanilla
juice and zest of 1 lemon
120 g AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
200 ml whipping cream (33%)
2 tbsps icing sugar
1. Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
2. Add zest, juice and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift AP flour with baking powder and salt. Add almond flour and poppy seed. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Grease your baking form. Pout in the batter, spread a bit. Bake the cake for 40 minutes in a preheated to 180 C oven.
5. Cool whipping cream in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Whip it with icing sugar.
6. Completely cool the cake, decorate with cream and cowberries