Thursday 13 June 2013

No wolf in sheeps clothing here...

The wolf, with eyebrows, who draws is in actual fact Catherine Green. 'A Cape Town creative who loves to draw and who's second love is cheese'. I have a feeling I'd like this girl if I ever met her in person because I too love cheese, but mine is probably a first love.

I first came across her illustrations on Angie Batis's blog, Lucky Pony, of which she drew a portrait of Angie and her husband Shane. From that moment on I simply fell in love with all of her others. There's always something magical about a hand drawn image in this digital world we live in.

















'Hello. Nice to meet you. My name is Catherine Green and this is my dog Larry. I am a freelance copywriter and illustrator based in Cape Town. I also run a blog called Wolf Eyebrows which is a compendium of cool, beautiful and interesting stuff. At university I majored in History of Art and English Literature. I’ve always loved drawing and design, but have never been brave enough to pursue it as a career. After almost a decade working as a copywriter and researcher in various creative agencies, I’ve decided to throw caution to the wind and move more into illustration and design. This blog will function as a record of my 30 day creative projects for 2013 that will include botanical illustration, book covers and collaborations with other artists.

If you would like to commission an illustration, please contact me at: cathgreen@gmail.com'



No comments:

Post a Comment