Wednesday 21 August 2013

Feeling 'Design broody'...

You know how when people feel broody, and all they can see is pregnant woman, babies, and children's clothing? Well I suppose that's the case with me, but far, far from babies! Since my travel documentation to The Netherlands has been approved, all I keep seeing is news about the country, events, design and running in to friends who have family, friends and contacts there. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way complaining. I even created a Pinterest board labelled 'Dutch' . hmmm, Eager much Tara?
 
One of the events I'm looking forward to attending (and I mean one out of hundreds) is ELLE Decoration NL's 'Inside Design Amsterdam' festival that is celebrating its 10th year of festivities.
The festival spans over three days, starting at the ELLE Decoration Studio (Lobster House) in Frederiksplei and moving along various design hotspots within downtown Amsterdam. The festivals Facebook page is also a great way to keep up to date with which designers will be showcasing their work.

Their video snippet (on ELLE Décor NL website) has made me 'design broody' times ten and I think Its about time I just get over there already. I am most certainly ready to close this chapter of my life and fling open to the next...

Side note: Apologies to all of those who I am making incredibly jealous, but to make sure you don't miss a minute of my travels, watch out for the 'P.H' blog (which is the abbreviated name to keep it a surprise) which will officially commence on Sunday 25 August.

No comments:

Post a Comment